1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions and Amendments
Each time you use or cause access to this website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions listed below, which may be amended with or without notice. In addition, if you are using a particular service through the website, you will be subject to any rules or guidelines applicable to those services as bound by the seller, and they shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions
2. Buying Downloadable Items
The total price for an item sold on DANDELION ALLEY includes the following components:
- Item Price: when you “buy” an item you’re paying a price to the seller for the electronic version of that item; you’re not actually buying the item itself. Unless specified as a commercial item, all items are not to be included in re-sellable end-products. These are limited to your personal use only and are not transferrable.
- Payment: when processing the payment, you will be redirected to a payment method provider (“payment agent”). You are responsible for any fees related to this payment method relating to your DANDELION ALLEY account. Terms of Purchase:
- you agree to make use of the license under the agreed terms, and those specified by the seller on the listing (i.e. non-commercial, not transferable);
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of an item;
- DANDELION ALLEY and the sellers cannot promise that any particular item will continue to be available on the site after your purchase, so you should download and save the item as soon as you buy it;
- once you purchase an item and you pay the item price, you acquire a non-exclusive license to use the item (non-exclusive means others might also license the same item);
- the seller retains ownership of the item;
- your relevant details may be provided to the seller of the item in order to facilitate the transaction, for example for invoicing and item support services;
- we have the right to enforce against you the terms of the license that you have acquired from a seller.
- The sellers make the following commitments about the items they sell:
- they own or have the rights to use the intellectual property rights of that item and that the item does not infringe any intellectual property rights of other parties;
- the item is not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the item does not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
2.1 Buying Physical Items
The Terms of Purchase apply as laid out above, with the following addition;
The total price for a physical item sold on DANDELION ALLEY includes the following components:
- Item Price: when you “buy” an item you’re paying a price to the seller for the actual item. Unless specified as a commercial item, all items are not to be included in re-sellable end-products. These are limited to your personal use only and are not transferrable.
- Shipping Cost: A price applied by the seller that is deemed an acceptable amount to cover the cost of packing and posting an item.
3. Refund Policy – Digital Downloads
Through the purchase of a Digital Download, you will receive a link to the file straight away. Therefore a refund on a digital download is not possible. If the download is faulty – please contact the seller directly for a resolution.
As a seller if you do need to issue a refund – note this will be subject to a PayPal transaction fee.
3.1 Refund Policy – Physical Goods
Dandelion Alley is a platform made up of independent sellers who run their own shops. These means each seller is responsible for their own polices regarding refunds and returns.
Since each seller on DANDELION ALLEY runs their own shop, DANDELION ALLEY is not directly involved in transactions between individual buyers and sellers.
If you have an issue with an item you must contact the seller directly. This can be done so through the DANDELION ALLEY messaging system.
As a seller if you do need to issue a refund – note this will be subject to a PayPal transaction fee.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to DANDELION ALLEY:
- your address, and email address;
- a description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; and
- a statement by you, that you warrant that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner, or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
By using the website in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you (the “user” or “you”) agree to be bound by this Agreement, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein . This Agreement applies to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are sellers, customers, contributors of content, information and other materials or services on the Site.
5.1 DANDELION ALLEY is an electronic marketplace offering a digital “service”.
DANDELION ALLEY acts as a digital service to allow users who comply with DANDELION ALLEY policies to offer, sell and buy digital as well as physical goods. DANDELION ALLEY is not directly involved in the transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, DANDELION ALLEY has no control over the quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, or the ability of buyers to pay for items. DANDELION ALLEY does not pre-screen users (except for services that require an application) or the content or information provided by users. DANDELION ALLEY cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
Consequently, DANDELION ALLEY does not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer.
DANDELION ALLEY cannot guarantee the true identity, age, and nationality of a user. DANDELION ALLEY encourages you to communicate directly with potential transaction partners through the tools available on the Site.
You agree that DANDELION ALLEY is a digital service and as such is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, posted by you, other users, or outside parties on DANDELION ALLEY. You use the DANDELION ALLEY service at your own risk.
You agree to not advertise your DANDELION ALLEY shop with the explicit intention of trading externally to the site by private transaction, if this does occur your shop can be closed without notice.
You agree not to advertise, or display links to external websites with the intention of trading externally to the site via external transaction. If this does occur your shop can be closed without notice.
DANDELION ALLEY services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. You agree that you are at least 18 years old and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. DANDELION ALLEY may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer access to or use of the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Individuals under the age of 18 must at all times use DANDELION ALLEY services only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age. In all cases, the adult is the user and is responsible for any and all activities.
You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. You are responsible for all applicable taxes. In addition, you must abide by DANDELION ALLEY policies as well as all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by DANDELION ALLEY, each of which will be incorporated herein by reference and each of which may be updated by DANDELION ALLEY from time to time without notice to you.
Anyone can browse the site but if you want to buy or provide products and services, or use other site features, you need to create an “account” and become a “member”. The membership is free. Members who buy products and services are referred to as “buyers”; members who provide products are called “sellers”. The term “you” used in these Terms of Services refers to any users of the site (buyers or sellers).
The items available on the site are owned by the sellers and not by DANDELION ALLEY. We do not take ownership of the items or get any rights to use the items other than to make them available on our site.
5.4 Limitations on Use
DANDELION ALLEY is provided to assist You with the operation of Your business. Your right to use DANDELION ALLEY is limited to You, and Your company and its employees. You are solely responsible for Your content and Your Web site and your DANDELION ALLEY account. DANDELION ALLEY reserves the right, but is not obligated, to monitor or to review materials posted in your shop and to monitor your compliance with these Terms of Service. DANDELION ALLEY reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any information or materials which violate these Terms of Service in whole or in part, without notice at any time.
You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products, services or benefits obtained from DANDELION ALLEY, except as expressly provided herein.
You may not use a trade name or other descriptive term in connection with operating your shop that is confusing or misleading to participants, or may otherwise impersonate or deceive participants with respect to your identity.
You may not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying such user’s rights to use DANDELION ALLEY.
You may not interfere with or disrupt DANDELION ALLEY, DANDELION ALLEY’S service providers’ servers or any network connected to DANDELION ALLEY.
You may not use DANDELION ALLEY or the products or services provided through or in connection with the DANDELION ALLEY to:
- rent, lease, license, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer or sublicense Your rights hereunder to any third party;
- defame, libel, slander, impersonate, abuse, harass, threaten, invade the privacy of or otherwise violate or infringe the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of any other person;
- conduct, promote or forward illegal contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, unsolicited e-mail ( including “spamming”) or multi-level or illegal marketing campaigns
- sell or distribute distribution lists, containing any personal information, including, without limitation, email addresses, home or work addresses, phone numbers, or any other identifying information whatsoever without the express contractual rights to provide such information;
- publish, post, distribute, disseminate, advertise or link to any: (i) content, site, topic, name, material or information which is defamatory, libelous, slanderous, or infringing; (ii) software, content or other material protected by intellectual property laws, copyright licenses, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights, unless You own, or control such rights or have received all necessary consents for Your publication, distribution, or linking of such software and other materials; (iii) software, content or other material that contains viruses, worms, corrupted files, cracks, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, Easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information, or that may or are intended to damage the operation of or render inoperable another’s computer, hardware, software, security measures or system or other programs written to defeat the security measures of any computer, system or programs; (iv) software, content, other material or Web site that constitutes “hate speech”, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or language of such individual or group;
- sell, offer to sell, distribute, promote, facilitate, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, promotion, facilitation or distribution of: firearms; explosives; ammunition; liquor; tobacco products; illegal gambling (including gambling in connection with sporting events); food that is not packaged or does not comply with all applicable laws for sale to consumers by commercial merchants; illicit drugs, pharmaceuticals and controlled substances; counterfeit, pirated or stolen goods; any goods or services that infringe or otherwise violate a third party’s rights including copyright, patent, trademark, or rights of publicity or privacy; goods that are considered indecent; Nazi memorabilia; registered or unregistered securities; goods or services that You cannot legally sell; goods which are misrepresented or which do not in fact exist; fraudulent goods; goods or activities that if sold via any DANDELION ALLEY services that would cause DANDELION ALLEY to violate any law, statute or regulation; or any other illegal activity;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about third parties, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such third parties;
- violate any applicable government laws, rules or regulations;
The below document is intended to provide a basic understanding of the DANDELION ALLEY Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of DANDELION ALLEY Acceptable Use Policy:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers (buyers and sellers)
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider of a marketplace platform
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
- If a DANDELION ALLEY account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy as outlined above, we reserve the right to terminate your account without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of your account. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Sharing your password and account access with unauthorised users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use. Attempting to obtain another user’s account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of your account.
You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorised use of your account.
You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorised to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
DANDELION ALLEY. reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to DANDELION ALLEY or any portion thereof without notice.
Creation of a DANDELION ALLEY account is free. DANDELION ALLEY take, as commission payment for its service, 15% of the total selling price for digital goods; and 15% of the selling price minus shipping costs for physical goods. The remaining amount is then paid to the seller, and is subject to additional payment gateway fees where applicable.
As DANDELION ALLEY is a Digital Service – each seller is responsible for their own allowance for VAT where applicable. DANDELION ALLEY are not responsible for any VAT applicable upon the sale of a sellers goods, either digital or physical.
If any part of these Terms of Service is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms of Service shall continue in effect. If moreover, any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be excessively broad as to duration, geographical scope, activity or subject, such provision shall be construed by limiting and reducing it, so as to be enforceable to the extent compatible with the applicable law as it shall then appear. No delay or omission on the part of either party to this Agreement in requiring performance by the other party hereunder, or in exercising any right hereunder, will operate as a waiver of any right or rights hereunder. Any and all representations and warranties, indemnification obligations, confidentiality requirements, intellectual property, applicable law, notice, and termination provisions, jurisdictional consents, and this Section shall survive the termination of the Agreement by either party for any reason.
A printed version of these Terms of Service and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms of Service to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
DANDELION ALLEY reserves the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information, content, or materials, in whole or in part, from the DANDELION ALLEY Web site, in DANDELION ALLEY’S sole discretion, without notice at any time.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by DANDELION ALLEY including all legal and equitable remedies available to DANDELION ALLEY.
DANDELION ALLEY is a UK Market Place and thus only available for use to both buyers and sellers based in the UK only. By using the sites services you confirm you are based in the UK.